My C: Drive

Brings Innovation to Light

  • Welcome Message

    Hi guys, We decided to write this blog to bring about information about the new outbreak in gadgets and software. We don't promise you that, we would be the first to write on that subject, but if we do, that would be the best. Hope you all find this blog interesting.

Mozilla Firefox 3.6 : : the browser,reloaded

Posted by Saran Kumar Krishnan On 12:09 AM 0 Responses


Hey guys, by my reckoning I guess it’s a quite a lot of time since I posted. Well there has been a lot of improvement in the computer industry. I write this post because I was inspired by the recent release of the Firefox 3.6. Even though I am on the edge to run over my free traffic assigned by my ISP the curiosity which i had made me to check what the difference has the Mozilla has done in this release. It took some time to download, I am grateful as my connection didn’t break up in the middle abruptly, which happens to me all the time when I am on a new venture. Gasp! First screen splashed was the add-ons which won’t work in this version. Never expected that first screen would be negative, but never mind.

The Firefox 3.6 started instantly and the browsing speed has considerably increased. They have advanced font rendering system, which is destined to download and use the font which we don’t have. Intelligent address bar remembers and also predicts the URL which is considered to be important. The security features are given more importance. The browser detects websites which are harmful and prevent access instantly. Moreover it allows our anti-virus to scan the file once the download gets completed.

The interface has improved appreciably. The new release comes with the module called as “Persona” which is my special interest. It is capable of changing the background of the menus including the bookmarks and the tabs. There are quite a lot of persona available which could be added according to your choice. The Persona has been made as open source and we shall see how it gets a part of Firefox in the days to come.

Categories:

0 Response for the "Mozilla Firefox 3.6 : : the browser,reloaded"

Post a Comment

Search